Current Size: 100%
FAQs - Interpret & use our data
- How do I get information from the Registry?
- Why are there limits on the data available?
- Why does the data I am looking at differ from other published data for the same time period?
- What do the different behaviours mean?
- Why is the sum of the rates over all counties in a HSE area different to the rates of that health board as supplied by the website?
- Why is the sum of incidence/mortality rates such as C00, C01, ..., C15 different to the totals (e.g. C00-C14) supplied by the website?
- Why is the total number of cases in Tipperary greater than the sum of cases in Tipperary North and Tipperary South for some years?
- Why are data for non-melanoma skin cancer sometimes excluded?
- Which rate should I use?
- What is an age-specific rate?
- What is an age-standarised rate?
- What is the percentage of total?
- What is the crude rate?
- What is the European age-standardised rate (EASR)?
- What is the world age-standardised rate (WASR)?
- What is the cumulative risk to age 74?